Taking into consideration our president’s decision which is in agreement with many other countries and organisations around the world, we at LEAD have taken the following decisions to protect our staff, our clients and our firm:
- Where LEAD staff members display any flu-like symptoms consistent with the COVID-19 virus, they will be required to undergo the relevant medical test. Further, they will self-quarantine for a period of 14 days.
- Where LEAD staff have travelled internationally (especially to higher-risk areas) or have been in contact with persons who they reasonably suspect have been exposed to the COVID-19 virus, they will be asked to undergo a suitable medical test and, as a precautionary measure, to self-quarantine for a period of 14 days. During this time, we expect our staff to continue to deliver services to our clients remotely. Where a staff member cannot deliver during this self-quarantine period, the rest of the team will look after such staff members responsibilities or reschedule our delivery to you.
- Where we schedule meetings with you as our client, we would appreciate you informing us of any recent international travel you have undertaken or whether you have been in contact with a person who has been exposed to the COVID-19 virus. Where you have done so, we will reschedule our planned meetings or alternatively host remote meetings.
- On entrance to LEAD we will request you to use the hand sanitiser provided.
- Apart from the above situations, we will continue to meet our agreed upon obligations and scheduled meetings.
- We will monitor all formal travel and attendance advisories issued by the South African government and the World Health Organisation.
There is a lot of information (true and fake) about this virus, and we see the World Health Organisation as a credible source of information, so if you wish to stay informed, here are some useful links:
– The latest information from WHO on where COVID-19 is spreading:
– Advice and guidance from WHO on COVID-19
As with many things, this too shall pass.