Let’s face it, healthy employees mean happy employees and in turn that means a better company. Small changes to employees’ well-being can lead to drastic improvements in their performance. Being healthy has become an asset in the workplace. Productivity is affected by the physical, emotional and financial well-being of employees; thus, it is crucial for organisations to have a healthy workforce.
Here are some tips for a healthy workforce:
- Build trust – don’t overpromise and under-deliver, show compassion;
- Communication – implement an open-door policy;
- Empower team members – reward self-improvement or even just recognise it and appreciate their efforts;
- Promote wellness – it is linked to greater productivity and less absenteeism. Encourage exercise and healthy eating.
- Ergonomic workstations – check the office furniture. A new office chair can make a huge difference or even just the correct lighting could make a difference. Get some greenery for the office.
- Have some fun – create a fun workplace. Have a “happy hour”, enter a company team for fun events or just even have social days.
Final thought, workdays can be frantic and stressful, so promoting a healthy environment will keep things positive and balanced. Work hard, play hard!